Spotted on eBay UK: a neatly converted Land Rover Series III Ambulance fully kitted for overland travel.
The seller, Gwynswift, has the following to say:
So why does "Dougal" Make such a good go anywhere camper or expedition vehicle?
- Converted to a 2.5 normally aspirated diesel engine (Freight Rover) by the previous owner, he returns around 24MPG when fully loaded for life on the road. He has a Fairly Overdrive fitted which helps with fuel consumption.
- Locking front hubs.
- Large space in the rear
- Simple easy mechanics to fix on the road on expeditions - parts are plenty full and cheap
- Bags of charm which will get everybody talking to you when you pull up - you will get more pictures taken of him than any other vehicle on the road
- Fully equipped to be a home away from home.
- Large easy entry to the back. Also accessible from the cab.
- 12 storage cupboards custom fitted
- Double size bed above cab with mattress.
- SMEV 9222 double burner stove and sink unit with micro switch tap and glass top. Whale submersible pump
- Large gas bottle, regulator, 3 way splitter and copper pipping throughout.
- Removable table and 2x custom fitted seats using series 3 front seats.
- Stand up shower
- 8L instant hot water heater. Gives 30 mins of hot water at good pressure . (currently being serviced)
- 3x40L fresh water tanks
- High flow water pump for shower.
- Copper gas pipes throughout
- Electric fans for those hot nights
- Split charge relay
- Master ignition kill switch
- 2x Deep cycle 110AH batteries
- Space to fit a Dometic 3 way fridge. All wiring and gas pipes and flue ready to take one.
- easy to clean laminate flooring
- LED rear light clusters
- Interior LED lighting in the back
- LED exterior lighting out of the back doors.
- Rear view camera (no monitor installed)